POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Help on Output Format : Help on Output Format Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Help on Output Format
From: Kirk Hubbell
Date: 10 Mar 2001 17:42:04
Message: <3aaaadbc@news.povray.org>
I am trying to create an animation of say 100 by 100 pixels that I can
overlay on a 640 by 480 picture.I first render the 640 by 480 picture as the
base picture (in another program) now I want to create an animation of a
part of the picture moving so I can overlay it, but I do not want an
animation of the entire 640 by 480 picture just a 100 by 100 piece of it.

By using the various settings in POVRay, I can make this animation with most
of the 640 by 480 output black and the part that I am interested in as a
subset of the whole but I cannot figure out how to output just the part I am
interested in so that it will align exactly with the base 640 by 480
picture. I would want a 100 by 100 output that matches up exactly to a 100
by 100 part of the original 640 by 480.

I have used the +H100 +W100 settings with the start and end row and column
with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks,